Leaders should never have to lead alone.
You’ll hear us say that a lot in our organization because we care deeply about supporting leaders, especially during these unprecedented times. We’re here to stand with you and for you, seeking out ways to pray, equip, and connect.
Pray. Prayer should always be our first response as Oswald Chambers said: “We tend to use prayer as a last resort, but God wants it to be our first line of defense. We pray when there’s nothing else we can do, but God wants us to pray before we do anything at all.” As we navigate this season together, we will continue to lead in the space of prayer. Know that our team is praying for you and your ministry both corporately through our 1st Thursday Prayer online gathering, as well as individually.
Equip. We’re currently working with various foundations to provide a source of relief for leaders and ministries in need. We’re also gathering information from the Mayor’s office to keep you up to date on any recent developments surrounding the pandemic. We’ll use our website and social media outlets to keep you in the loop.
Connect. It’s been so inspiring to see the ways churches and ministries have shifted gears to meet the needs of those around them. We want to celebrate all the incredible work you and your teams are doing. We will continue bridging churches, non-profits, and organizations to inspire unity across spaces and groups.
We’ve seen time and time again, how churches, leaders, and non-profit agencies put aside their differences and work together for the good of our city during past hardships. May we turn to our God in hope and faith once again for our city, for our nation, and for the globe!
Pastor Adam Durso
Executive Director, LEAD.NYC
- The MOVEMENT.ORG team held a U.S. City Leaders call on March 18th providing resources for leaders in light of the crisis. You can access the full list of resources provided during the call HERE.
- Dr. Que English, Deputy Director of Faith-Based Initiatives for NY State, encourages New York residents to text Covid-19 to 692-692 to receive updates from the Mayor’s office.
- The Crisis Toolkit for Churches (In Partnership with Gloo and Barna)
- pray.nyc 24/7 Prayer Chain
- COVID-19 Church Relief Fund
- COVID-19 Resource List from the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability
- Chuck Proudfit: Rapid Response and Ready Resources from At Work on Purpose
- Join the Prayer Wall at 4Tuscon with Mark Harris & LaKisha Deon
- Neighbor to Neighbor Project with Glen Barth (Video)
- Give Together Now Initiative with Evan Feinburg (Click HERE to Contact)
- Abu Dhabi Video Response to COVID-19
- “Unique and Vital Roles for City Networks in a Strong, Coordinated COVID Response” by Rebecca Walls
- Ottawa County COVID-19 Response and Opportunities
- WayBase: Resources for Online Engagement
- Connect with your neighbors online through Nextdoor.com
- Beyond Disaster – Free Downloadable Guide
- Realtime Opportunities to Help through CarePortal